Profile of Habeeb Foundation
• The Habeeb Mental Health Foundation is committed to:
• Individual and collective empowerment of people with a mental illness;
• Participation and choice in all decisions which affect the life of the individual;
• Individuals directing their own recovery;
• The promotion and protection of the civil and human rights of people with mental illness;
• Promoting a better quality of life for people with mental illness;
• Service providers and the broader community valuing and respecting the individual’s experience;
• Supportive, democratic and safe working environments for all staff and volunteers which are conducive to free, open discussion and exchange, of ideas as well as on-going professional development.
• Our vision is of a society in which mental illness will be understood and accepted. Resources will be available to offer early interventions in order prevent furthermore complication , treatment and support. People with mental illness will no longer experience stigma, and society will treat them with the same respect and dignity as is provided to any other person. commitment and educating individuals that mental health should be regarded as psychical illness.
• Our Values
• 1. Team spirit
3. Continual improvement
We will work with people and organizations to find opportunities, solutions and strategies to address the difficulties faced by people with a mental illness. We trust that people can be well and must not be defined by their symptoms, and we work to support that belief. We promote hope and optimism and encourage healthy coping strategies that enhance the skills of people with mental illness. adding educating members of the family with patient the important of the medication and side effects it might come with.
Participation means that we endorse the philosophy of choice and inclusiveness for people with mental illness, their families and friends in achieving their hopes and goals. We support treatment partnerships that are interactive and based on non-judgmental attitudes. It also means that we encourage active membership of our organization to strengthen the mental health voice and to influence mental health development and policy in Mogadishu and South Central Somalia.
Habeeb Mental Health Foundation is nonprofit organization provides equity mental health services, to ensure mental health care are accessible and that people receive reliable services to protect the rights of people suffering from health illness. mental entitlements within a humane and understanding service system. The Habeeb Mental Hospitals are committed that all people with mental illness are treated regardless of cultural background, religion or social-economic status, and their families and friends have the same right with respect and dignity to treat them as any other person. In addition removing the chains at the mental ill people who chained for long period and provide suitable treatment.
• To promote the prevention or the control of mental health diseases in Somalia
• To promote a positive attitude about mental health in Somalia
• To work with local and international organizations to reduce of stigma associated with mental illness
• To collaborate with the government of Somalia to improve mental health services and increase funding
• To make recommendations regarding policy, implementation and service
• To encourage/initiate mental health research
• To improve standards in training/practice for mental health professionals
• To stimulate the development of informed public debate and opinion about mental health issues
• To create and establish new mental health facilities the regions where there is no mental health facilities.
• To create human resources in mental health sector through long and short mental health training including distance learning, academic , workshops and practical sessions in mental hospitals.
• To educate people that mental health illness are treatable as any other psychical diseases.
• The mission of the Habeeb Mental Health Foundation is to elevate awareness and public understanding of issues effecting individuals and families living with mental illness, developmental disabilities and addiction disorders such as Kat, Hashish (weed) and alcohol . Our efforts is to fight stigma and discrimination, facilitate treatment, and promote addition in the community and the workforce.
Copyright © 2019 | Designed by SOCOTECH